We fly our Introductory Flights at our own SoftWing Flight Park at Winfield Airport.
SoftWing Flight Park
SoftWing Flight, LLC is the proud owner of Winfield Airport in Bristol, Wisconsin. The airport was created by the Winfield family and was used in the past for a sky diving school. What had been fondly known as the “pig farm” became Winfield Airport. Although the sky diving school is no longer there, the predominantly ultralight and light sport aircraft focused private airport continues to support the ultralight and small plane community.
Winfield Airport is situated on 69 acres adjacent to Winfield Road (Hwy Q).
- From I-94, west at exit #347 on county highway “Q”. Continue for 4 miles to the blue and white SoftWing Flight building on the right.
- From US Rt 45, (one mile north of Ill./Wisc. border) east on highway “Q” 1/2 mile to the SoftWing Flight building on the left.
The airport consists of three grass runways:
- South/North………………..18/36 = 2200 x 170 ft
- Southeast/Northwest……11/29 = 1350 x 120 ft,
- East/West……………………9/27 = 900 x 250 ft
- Runway 5/23 has been closed
Surface: Turf in good condition
Pattern Altitude: 800 ft AGL / fixed Wing
300 ft AGL / PPC
Wind Indicators: Windsocks & Windflag
Airport Comm: 122.9 CTAF/Unicom