We are currently doing 20 Minute Introductory Flights on a limited basis for $80.00 (Cash or check only)
PREPARATION FOR YOUR INTRODUCTORY FLIGHT
To Schedule Your Flight….
- Just select a time that fits into your schedule. We are generally available in the evenings during the week and mornings or evenings on the weekend. The weather will rarely allow us to do mid-day flights.
- Give us a call a day or two before you would like to fly at, 847-910-7150. We will check the weather conditions and our availability for the time you have chosen and set our appointment.
- Then just come on out to SoftWing Flight Park at the agreed upon time.
The Day Of Your Flight….
- Make sure to dress appropriately for the temperature. Remember that it will be cooler aloft so be prepared. You also must be able to secure all loose clothing.
- For a sunny day bring sunglasses. However, safety glasses can be provided.
- Long hair should be contained.
- If a morning flight, don’t forget to have a light breakfast before leaving for the airport.
- Be aware that if you have a cold or sinus problem the change in altitude may cause you discomfort.
- Please be advised: NO ALCOHOL FOR 24 HOURS PRIOR TO FLYING.
- When you arrive at the airport, you will be asked to read thoroughly and sign the Release Form. YOU WILL NOT FLY WITHOUT A SIGNED RELEASE FORM.
- Flight Day will consist of CALM to LIGHT WINDS, 10 MPH or Less and Steady.
- If after arriving at Winfield Airport there has been a change in weather conditions, the flight may be rescheduled. We apologize in advance if this happens.
- Flights will be normally scheduled in early morning or late afternoon to early evening……. The reason is primarily that the wind is usually more calm in early morning before the sun has a chance to heat up the earth, thus creating “thermal” conditions. Likewise, in late afternoon and early evening, the earth begins to cool and the winds begin to calm. An added bonus, however, may be the beautiful sunrise or sunset viewed from high aloft.
All Flights Are At SoftWing Flight Park, Winfield Airport, Bristol, Wisconsin….
- At the airport you will be given and instructed on the use of personal protective equipment and communication devices.
- Safety Glasses are available if you do not have sunglasses.
- You will be supplied with a helmet with headset and radio hookup. This will allow you to speak to the pilot directly while in flight.
- Each machine is equipped with a 4 point seatbelt harness for your safety.